Mobile Home Roof Repair Services
Is the roof on your mobile home starting to look worn? Has there been storm damage that you haven’t been able to repair and is causing more roof damage? If you’re dealing with any kind of mobile home roof issue, you may be in need of a roof replacement. A mobile home roof replacement is often known as a roof over and it is just the process of updating the existing roofing material. No matter what you currently have, your mobile home roof can be replaced and updated. For more information about mobile home roofing in Porter and Houston, TX, rely on Tapias Roofing and Repairs. We are the leading roofing company in your area and we are ready to help. Call us at (936) 242-4375 to schedule an appointment.
How do you replace a roof on a mobile home?
If you’ve noticed that your mobile home is leaking, it may be time for a roof replacement. Mobile home roof replacements can be accomplished a number of ways and is commonly referred to as a roof over. A mobile home roof over is the process of replacing or restoring the existing roof. You actually do have a variety of options from EDPM and TPO to asphalt shingles and even metal roofing. There are a lot of ways to update your mobile home roof.
When you are getting ready to replace your roof, it’s important to figure out what is the best option. Your roofing type will actually determine which kind of material you will want to use for replacement purposes. Meaning, flat roofing benefit more from certain types of materials while pitched roofing will benefit more from other options. For questions about mobile home roofing in Porter and Houston, TX, reach out to Tapias Roofing and Repairs. We can answer any question you may have, including ideas for your mobile home roof.
Mobile Home Roof Ideas
The type of roof over you choose will be dependent on the type of roof you already have. Flat roofing will generally want options like EPDM or other single-ply roofing materials. Whereas pitched or peaked roofing will benefit more from asphalt shingles or metal roofing. Ultimately it will depend on what you need and what you can afford.
- Single-Ply Roofing: Options like EPDM, TPO, or other single-ply roofing are great for flat roofing structures. These materials often come in large sheets that can easily fit over the entirety of your roof. They create a thick, waterproof coverage that is durable, resilient, and long-lasting.
- Metal Roofing: If you have a pitched roof, then metal roofing may be an investment to consider. Metal roofing will provide an added protection that asphalt shingles and single-ply roofing can’t. You’ll also experience cooler temperatures in the summer and warmer temperatures in the winter months.
- Asphalt shingles: Pitched roofing can also accommodate asphalt shingles if you don’t want to invest in metal roofing. Asphalt shingles will give your mobile home a more finished and real home look, but there is a difference in the installation. Typical homes may have about 2-3 layers of shingles, but on a mobile home usually, only 1 layer is permissible.
When deciding to complete a roof over on your mobile home, it really is important to know your roof type and structure. This will help make sure a seamless installation can be completed and won’t be affected by things like storm damage. That being said, storm damage restoration in Porter and Houston, TX can always be a great reason to consider replacing your mobile home roofing. Whatever gets you to that decision, make sure you are working with a reputable roofing company like Tapias Roofing and Repairs. We provide quality service and address all your roofing needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does it cost to put a new roof on a mobile home?
- The cost to put a completely new roof on a mobile home can vary between $1,000 and $3,000 in total. It will ultimately depend on the size of your mobile home.
- Can you walk on a mobile home roof?
- Yes, but contact the manufacturer to know what the precautions are that you should take.
- What is a roof over a mobile home?
- It is essentially a roofing structure that can be compromised of things like single-ply roofing, shingles, and even metal. A roof over is basically just installing a new roof over the existing material.
- How long do mobile home roofs last?
- In theory, a mobile home roof should last up to 50 years, but that is dependent on how well you care for your roof. Regular maintenance and consistent repairs will make sure your roof can actually last that long.
- Can you put two layers of shingles on a mobile home?
- No, generally only one layer of asphalt shingle is permissible. You’ll need to talk with the property manager as well as a roofing contractor to determine the best course of action.
Schedule an Appointment with Tapias Roofing and Repairs for All Your Roofing Needs
Trust Tapias Roofing and Repairs for all your roofing needs, including mobile home roofing in Porter and Houston, TX. We can complete a roof replacement or roof over in no time flat. Give us a call at (936) 242-4375 to get started.